Thursday, May 7, 2009

Watered Down Theology

This quote I found online really challenged me and my perspective on the church and its purpose of teaching theology.

"The churches of our time seem to believe that God exists to save man and keep him happy. Theology is therefore only studied as an adjunct to the doctrine of salvation."

Theology is a scary word to say in most churches today. I know there are many reasons as to why this is the case, however, I'd rather focus more on ways to reform this type of thinking. My purpose isn't to shove some theological perspective down ones throat, but rather to strive to be as God honoring as possible, by His grace. I don't want to settle for some 3 ways to make me a better Christian. We can't just stop at salvation, because there is more to it than just salvation. What happens after salvation? What about sanctification? Uh oh I'm using terminology that the average joe doesn't understand....what's a minister of the gospel to do? I encourage anyone who is reading this to take a look at this post: Kingdom-Centered Theology

No comments: