Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blessing for keeping God's Law

"Where there is no vision, the people perish; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Proverbs 29:18

I came across this verse in one of the most difficult chapters I've ever read. In Foundations of Christian Scholarship, Gary North writes about Max Weber and his influence in Sociology.

Just as I was thinking that I would not gain anything from this chapter, this verse shone as a beacon of light. I do not believe it was the author's intent to focus this chapter on this particular passage, however this verse caught my attention. I've heard it said many times that "Where there is no vision, the people perish" Unfortunately, the latter part of this verse is left out. The more I read Scripture the more I am convinced and convicted that God's Law Word is the only standard to live by. Government won't save me, free health care won't satisfy me, nor will the crumbling public schools educate me. Only God's Law will make me happy. That's something worth considering.

1 comment:

Joyful Wife said...

Amen to what you said here Matt! I too have little patience for half quoted verses that only highlight part of the truth that is so vital in God's Word.

Great are the blessings of keeping the Law of God and having it written on our hearts.

Your sis,
Shannon