Friday, May 30, 2008

The Joy of a Child and the Frustrations of a Society

I am a father of a 7th month old daughter named Abigail. I never imagined in my life how much joy a little being could bring to someone’s life. When she smiles it makes me smile, but it’s a bit of happiness I have never experienced before. I believe that only parents can appreciate that kind of happiness. I love coming home to my daughter and watching her grow up. It amazes me how society looks down on having a family, because to “be an American” is to achieve things on your own accord, or one word that I think sums it up is to “be an American” means to be autonomous. If you don’t know what that word means please look it up. I’m not your mother and I don’t want to baby people, plus it would do you some good to open a dictionary once in a while.

I look back at my short life lived and there is no way I’d be where I am now without God. I’ve realized I am nothing without nor can I do anything without him. I am yet still astonished at how society looks down upon those with huge families, even families of just 3 or 4 are shunned and disregarded. What about what God’s Word says “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.” (Psalms 127:3). A heritage and reward WOW that’s incredible. Father let us not forget these wonderful gifts You have given to us. If you haven’t spent time with your child must this week, take the time to do something with them. It will change your life, I promise.

1 comment:

Randall y Rachel Beita said...

Hey Matt. This is Rachel Sarah´s sister. Glad you are spending time with your sweet daughter. I am praying my baby son will come any day now. Can´t wait to hold him and start forming memories and heritage moments.